Posted Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 09:26 AM
Luminous Works is Offering An HTML5 and CSS3 Workshop
Seattle's Only Adobe Authorized Training Center, Luminous Works, is offering a one day, six hour course in HTML and CSS3
July 19, 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, $275
Registration and more dates at:
HTML5 and CSS3 Class at Luminous Works
Many devices and technologies are converging on the still-developing standards of HTML 5 & CSS 3. Whether you're building "future-compatible" websites, ePub 3 format books, or working through the guts of a mobile app, these languages are lurking. And just because HTML 5 will not be officially ready for "Recommendation" until 2014, you can use it today—with provision for those browsers and devices that aren't quite ready for it.
This class is for those of us who want to build with tomorrow's technology today, and still have yesterday's browsers display perfectly usable content for our sites' visitors now and in the future.
How ready is your browser? Want to try another? Here are some:
- Maxthon (Windows only, but iPad and Android versions available)
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
who should take this class?
- Anyone already familiar with current HTML and CSS standards wanting to update their knowledge and skills
- eBook designers who are excited about the new capabilities
- Folks building custom content for Adobe's Digital Publishing Suite
what we cover
An examination of the new capabilities and how to leverage them.
- The new HTML5 elements
- New HTML5 attributes
- Video and audio
- CSS3 selectors
- Messing with the Box Model
- Text control & effects
- Tricks to feed old browsers good code
- Q & A
HTML5 and CSS3 Class at Luminous Works
Want basic knowledge in site building but not sure where to start?
Consider our web foundations workshop, HTML and Web Overview. A one day class that covers the basic basics!
One Day Web Basics class
Looking for a class in Dreamweaver? See:
Dreamweaver CS6 Essentials
At Luminous Works, you get . . .
- Click on each for more:
- Free class refresher within 12 months...
- Take it again! Within 12 months of any class that is still offered in that time, just get in touch and let us know when you want to audit. If there's a seat available, it's yours. Please read the full details
- Bring home your work...
- Bring home your class files so you can practice what you learn with us. These training files often contain valuable tips and procedures, as well as what you may have created during class. Whether you want to show off the images from your photography class, the chapter you built in your InDesign training class, or you want to explore those features we covered in your Illustrator training class, or perhaps you want to post the site you built in your Dreamweaver training class, you'll have the resources to review and cherish your hard work..
- Mac OS or Windows...
- All of our computers can run your operating system of choice.
- Small class sizes—by design...
- We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor training examples and emphases on the fly. Since we strictly limit class size, you will not be just another head to count, but rather a learner with whom we're communicating.
- Carefully crafted curricula...
- Constantly updated and refined, and never canned. Here, you'll never be subjected to a mass-produced workbook that is geared for the lowest common denominator. Instead, each class exercise is evaluated and tweaked to be effective and often fun.
We teach the bulk of the Adobe Creative Suite, but that's not the whole story. We also teach classes in photographic workflows, and several classes on "the basics" to get you started in web or desktop publishing. And since we have intentionally small class sizes, we can adapt a course's curriculum on the fly to accommodate that day's attendees. We teach people, not workstations.
- Convenient & comfortable location...
- From the lighting to the full kitchen for lunch and breaks; from your choice of operating system to the expansive deck for catching your breath, you'll feel right at home while you learn. Students even ask us where they can buy our chairs! We're easily accessible from anywhere in the Seattle region.
- Adobe Certified Expert instruction
- Luminous Works classes focusing on Adobe software are taught by Adobe Certified Experts; those who've both mastered the applications they teach and pass rigorous exams to prove it.
We've all heard of knowledgeable experts who haven't the ability to impart their knowledge. You won't encounter that here.