Posted Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 08:40 AM
One Day Basic Web Design & HTML Class
June 17 or July 23 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, $199
At Luminous Works
To register for this class, and alternative class dates, please visit: Luminous Works HTML and Web Publishing class
How do the acronyms of web design become websites? HTML, xHTML, CSS, PHP, div, ul, swf, li, and dozens more combine, often under the protective cover of software applications like Dreamweaver, to make the web interfaces we see every day. In this short class we digest this alphabet soup.
Even though the great software used in web design have made it easier to overlook the code it creates, it doesn't make the code any less necessary to understand. So, we'll work through what we sometimes call "structured gibberish" and make a simple website that we can be proud of!
Along the way we'll cover those important but elusive concepts that everyone needs to create and edit websites more effectively.
- Registering a domain name and arranging a host for your site
- Site Content vs Structure vs Behavior
- Web graphics formats: GIF, JPEG, SWF, PNG deciphered
- Browser support (or the lack thereof)
- Evaluating how much to do yourself vs hiring a pro
- Testing your site
- The relationships between HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- If a pro built your site, can you maintain it?
- Hands-on HTML: learn the code you need
- Q & A
Who should take this class?
- You! If you're new to web design
- Web concepts for the curious (and you)
- Those who are contemplating a job in web design or maintenance
- Artists, designers, photographers who need to speak to web designers intelligently and knowledgeably
- Those trying to get in touch with their inner geek
- Those preparing to learn Dreamweaver: understand what's under the hood getting in too deep
Shorten your learning curve in Luminous Works' eight seat classroom.
To register for this class, please visit:Luminous Works HTML and Web Publishing class
Luminous Works offers more classes in:
Basic Web and Desktop Publishing Concepts
and more, see our full calendar at:
Luminous Works full schedule of classes
Seattle CSS training seattle CSS workshop Seattle WEB DESIGN classes WEB DESIGN class training WEB DESIGN training Seattle
CSS training seattle Seattle WEB DESIGN class Seattle WEB DESIGN training Seattle CSS classes CSS class WEB DESIGN training Seattle WEB DESIGN class WEB DESIGN class Seattle CSS class training CSS training SeattleAdobe CS6 CSS class Beginning CSS class Seattle CSS course Seattle Lightroom class Seattle photography class Seattle photography training Seattle photography workshop Lightroom Seattle class Lightroom training Seattle Lightroom classes Seattle
1406 NW 53rd St, 98107 [Google Map]